THEME: “EDUCATION TO PROTECT TOMORROW”.
- Diabetes mellitus is a public health issue affecting the general population worldwide.
- It is also the commonest endocrine disorder in Nigeria.
- There are various types – Type 1, Type 2, Gestational and Secondary types.
- Upto 80% of people with TYPE 2 DM do not know because it can be ASYMPTOMATIC while others may present with complications that may lead to emergencies.
- In this video prepared by the MWAN-FCT YDF, our aim is to educate the general public about the impact of diabetes on the health of people as well as give support to people living with diabetes through access to diabetes care.
- It is important that diabetics adhere to their medications, dietary and life style modifications to maintain good glycemic control and to avoid long term complications that may lead to death.
- Individually and collectively, we all need to ensure better quality of life through regular check up, eating the right meals and adjusting to our lifestyles.
- Therefore, we urge you all to sit back, relax and enjoy this video.👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
- Please also remember to subscribe and like our YouTube videos. God bless you as you do so.👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
- You can choose to wear BLUE today as a symbol for diabetes awareness.💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙
Thank you and have a wonderful week ahead.
Dr. Izuagba Kelechi .U.
(MWAN-FCT YDF COORDINATOR).🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌